You have a voice. You have rights.
This is really important… SafeToNet does not snoop or spy.
SafeToNet is fully automated. Nobody can see your content other than you. Nobody knows what you are sending, receiving, seeing or saying. Only you decide who gets to see what the system is designed to keep you safe. It is there to help guide and advise you when maybe you are feeling angry or maybe low and worried.
It tries to support you and will at times prevent you from sending messages that may harm you and hurt others. SafeToNet is NOT designed to limit your freedom or stop you from having fun.
Crucially, it is designed to help you get your parents off your back as they will know you are being looked after online.
You have so many rights and we want you to exercise them. For example, Article 13 (Freedom of Expression) of the United Nations’ Convention on the Rights of the Child says “Every child must be free to express their thoughts and opinions and to access all kinds of information, as long as it is within the law”. This is just one tiny example of the global laws in place that are on your side, and which we fully support.
It is your job to authorize the installation of SafeToNet on your device. You must know what the software does and does not do. You need to know how your information and data is private.
This is what SafeToNet does:
- It gets to know you. SafeToNet runs quietly in the background learning about you and your online world. It’s trying to understand your digital footprint so that it can automatically stop anyone from attacking you. It’s designed to detect when something happens outside of normality; for example when somebody tries to bully or harm you. Of course it helps to prevent you from bullying others too.
- Helps teach and guide your parents. It gives your parents a better understanding of your digital world without letting them know what you are saying and who you are interacting with. It helps them to appreciate your challenges or any risks you may be dealing with online and makes them better skilled to help keep you safe. But here’s another important thing: we also show you what they see.
- It gives advice. It will try to guide and advise you on the risks it sees and the risks it’s aware of including dangerous apps and worrying trends you should know about.
- It knows what apps you are using. It lets your parents know the top 5 apps that you use and where you show greatest signs of risk. It does that by automatically looking for language and behavioral patterns that you use and might harm you and hurt others. Your parents do NOT know what you are saying or who you are talking to.
- It Benchmarks your stats. It learns your message patterns and tells your parents how many messages you send and when. It highlights the number of messages that could constitute a risk but it does not tell your parents what those risks are.
- It is Confidential. It keeps all your data private and secure.
This is what is DOES NOT do:
- It does NOT snoop or spy (this is worth repeating: it does not spy). Nobody sees your content or what you are saying unless you want them to see it.
- It doesn’t stop you from being yourself.
- It doesn’t stop you talking to your friends.
- It doesn’t stop you from exploring and having fun online.
- It doesn’t pass your information to anyone without your authority.
- It doesn’t try and sell you anything.
Guided by people of your age.
Our Company (SafeToNet) is guided on its direction, product strategy and market position by Young Adults. Some come to see us and spend time with us while others connect with us online. Would you like to help us too? We would appreciate it.
Please can you give us honest feedback (we know you like to be blunt). SafeToNet only exists to help keep you safe. It wants to help you. So can you let us know:
- What have we got wrong?
- What have we got right?
- Where are we failing and where are we succeeding?
- What can we do better?
- Do you have any ideas for new features?