We are proud of the work we do and the science behind it. It is complex, challenging and pioneering. Our data scientists and other members of our AI team regularly write white academic papers about our work. See below a selection of their publications and in particular those written in the field of cyber-linguistics, online harms and data analytics. Much of this work has been done with the brilliant support of universities such as Ottawa University, University of Waterloo and Universitat Oberta Catalunya.
- [*] Ahmed Husseini Orabi, Mahmoud Husseini Orabi, Qianjia Huang, Diana Inkpen, David Van Bruwaene, «Cyber-aggression Detection using Cross Segment-and-Concatenate Multi-Task Learning from Text», en Proceedings of the First Workshop on Trolling, Aggression and Cyberbullying (TRAC-2018), 2018, p. 159–165.
- [*] A. Husseini Orabi, P. Buddhitha, M. Husseini Orabi, D. Inkpen, «Deep Learning for Depression Detection of Twitter Users», en Proceedings of the Fifth Workshop on Computational Linguistics and Clinical Psychology: From Keyboard to Clinic, New Orleans, LA, 2018, p. 88-97, doi: 10.18653/v1/W18-0609.
- [*] A. Husseini Orabi, M. Husseini Orabi, D. Inkpen, D. Van Bruwaene, «uOttawa at SemEval-2018 Task 1: Self-Attentive Hybrid GRU-Based Network», en Proceedings of The 12th International Workshop on Semantic Evaluation, New Orleans, Louisiana, 2018, p. 181-185, doi: 10.18653/v1/S18-1027.
- [*] Q. Huang, D. Inkpen, J. Zhang, D. Van Bruwaene, «Cyberbullying Intervention Based on Convolutional Neural Networks», en Proceedings of the First Workshop on Trolling, Aggression and Cyberbullying (TRAC-2018), Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA, 2018, p. 42–51.
- [*] Diana Inkpen, «Emotion Analysis for Detecting Signs of Mental Health Issues from Social Media SenticNet», 2018.
- [*] V. K. Singh, M. L. Radford, Q. Huang, S. Furrer, «“They basically like destroyed the school one day”: On Newer App Features and Cyberbullying in Schools», en Proceedings of the 2017 ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing – CSCW ’17, Portland, Oregon, USA, 2017, p. 1210-1216, doi: 10.1145/2998181.2998279
- [*] Moreno Bilbao, Bonafonte Cávez, Igor Jauk, Laia Tarrés, i Victor Pereira, «Corpus for cyberbullying prevention», en IberSPEECH 2018, 2018.