What happens if my child deletes the SafeToNet app from their device?
In case the SafeToNet app is deleted from your child’s device, you will not get a notification on your parent device telling you specifically that this has happened. However, the app will detect a disconnection between your parent device and your child’s device and notify you of this disconnection via the parent dashboard. A red circle will appear on top of your child’s profile alerting you that there is a disconnection between the devices. If you notice a red circle on top of your child’s profile, we advise you to carefully doublecheck with your child why the disconnection might have happened. We suggest to prompt an open and mindful conversation with your child, as there might be other reasons for a disconnection showing a red circle such as:
- The SafeToNet keyboard might have been removed/its permission might have been taken away from your child’s device
- Another keyboard could have been installed alongside the SafeToNet keyboard
- The SafeToNet keyboard might not have full access
- The location settings on your child’s device could be set to ‘Never’ or‘While Using the App’ instead of ‘Always’
- The SafeToNet app could have been force closed
- Your child’s device is in flight mode or does not have connection to WiFi
If your child has deleted the SafeToNet app from their device, let us know if we can make improvements on our side to ensure your child has a better experience using our software! Please never hesitate to reach out to us under firstname.lastname@example.org and share your thoughts with us, as our SafeToNet families’ experience with our app is what drives us forward every day.